This is my blog to record the process of taking over an overgrown plot and all it entails!

Monday 15 April 2013

New year, new start.

This past year has brought about a lot of changes that I didn't expect including a move to new house and divorce. Due to work that needed doing on the new house and the continuing awful weather the allotment became sadly neglected.





We are now seeing some signs of spring and the ground is no longer frozen! So it back to work on the plot!




Luckily despite the vast amount of rain we suffered last year the ground has now dried out nicely.




The first job is always digging over the ground. Even though this patch has been dug over several times I am still pulling weeds out of it! Each time I dig though there are less and less, maybe one day I will get rid of them!




Once the first bed was dug over I planted my onion sets. 

The photos for the next few weeks will not be very exciting, I need to get more of the plot dug over and ready for planting.
I am a bit behind planting my seeds this year but hopefully it will not set me back too much!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment