This is my blog to record the process of taking over an overgrown plot and all it entails!

Monday 9 April 2012

On a rainy Bank Holiday

What better thing to do on a rainy bank holiday when you have poorly children than to sit planning your allotment! I have been playing around with a garden planner at GrowVeg.com


The full plan for our allotment can be found here

One of the biggest problems with the allotment is the shear amount of space I have available to plant things especially after being limited to a small back yard for the past few years. The planner shows me just how many of each plant I could put in the plot. This has been a real eye opener for a novice like me! I know we will probably not plant as many plants as the plan suggests.

The seeds are already being planted (at home in the mini greenhouse in the back yard) I am trying to remember to stagger the planting so the plants don't all bear fruit at the same time! That is a mistake I made last year with my cucumber plants that resulted in a glut (and no-one but me to eat them!) I did find a recipe for pickled cucumbers which is delicious though!

I will pin a copy of the plan to the shed door to inspire me while digging up bucket after bucket of weeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment