This is my blog to record the process of taking over an overgrown plot and all it entails!

Monday 7 May 2012

Best laid plans...

My original idea of covering part of the plot so I wouldn't have to dig it up until autumn has gone a bit awry!
I spotted green shoots pushing up the weed suppressant fabric last week. The shoots were that strong they have pulled all the pegs out of the fabric where they are growing.


As I recognised them as potato leaves I decided to uncover them and let them grow. 


I don't know what type they are so unless I can find out from the previous plot holders (who we know) it will be a surprise when we dig them up!


Work on the plot continues to be slow. I am slowing digging over small bits at a time but the weeds are starting to grow quickly!
I am hoping to get some plants in soon but the weather is so bad at the moment I am worried they will be killed off in the cold! Although we had a couple of lovely days this weekend for the allotments annual plant sale!




No comments:

Post a Comment