This is my blog to record the process of taking over an overgrown plot and all it entails!

Monday 11 June 2012

What a difference a couple of weeks makes!

This photo was taken at the end of May just before I went on holiday for a week. We had had a few weeks of hot, dry weather which was then followed by lots of cold rainy weather! 
I managed to plant a few more things and tidy the plot before I went away.


This was the plot today! The combination of the hot weather followed by rain and me not being there means the weeds are starting to take over again!


A couple of hours weeding with my "helpers" (who don't return to school until tomorrow) and we only just managed to weed the front 2 bed and trim some of the grass! Hopefully if I go back this week without my helpers I will get more done!



The weeds are not the only thing growing well now, the onions and potatoes are both doing well (which cannot be said of my courgettes which are looking a bit sorry for themselves!)




No comments:

Post a Comment